- About me
Mode 7 Media is run by me, Graham Johnston. I started designing websites in 1997 and have maintained a passion for web usability ever since.
I enjoy making difficult things seem easy for the client, whether it be producing a coherent workable future-proof structure for all their information or simply moving their project along and taking care of the details.
My aims are to:
- have a strong focus on the end-user;
- make difficult things seem easy;
- make complicated things clear;
- produce websites which are easy to use and easy to maintain;
- never leave clients unsure of what to do without any help.
I achieve these aims through:
- clarity and simplicity
- thoroughness and patience
- researching your site’s users’ requirements
- longevity of work
- 17 years experience developing concepts and delivering support to all levels.
Outside of work, I:
- have a partner, Ness, two young children and a house full of Lego;
- am obsessive about all sorts of music (see my music on LastFM for an idea of my tastes);
- avidly read. Popular science, current affairs, music and 1950s fiction are favourite subjects; John Steinbeck is my favourite author;
- love all sorts of films, in particular independent, silent (Buster Keaton especially) or Ealing comedies. Down By Law, Chinatown or Ask A Policeman are a few favourites;
- read more newspapers than I should.
See my Twitter profile for some of the recent things to divert me.